1. ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
This is the primary rule of gun safety. A safe direction means that the gun is pointed so that even if it were to go off it would not cause injury or damage. The key to this rule is to control where the muzzle or front end of the barrel is pointed at all times. Common sense dictates the safest direction, depending on different circumstances.
2. ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
When holding a gun, rest your finger on the trigger guard or along the side of the gun. Until you are actually ready to fire, do not touch the trigger.
3. ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.
Whenever you pick up a gun, immediately engage the safety device if possible, and, if the gun has a magazine, remove it before opening the action and looking into the chamber(s) which should be clear of ammunition. If you do not know how to open the action or inspect the chamber(s), leave the gun alone and get help from someone who does.
4. Everyone must follow range officer commands without exception.
Failure to do so may result in removal from the firing line, the club property and up to revocation of membership.
5. Keep your action open and the gun unloaded and on the station pad until it is your turn to shoot.
6. Never load more than one shell for single shots (TWO shells are only allowed for Double Trap or Skeet Double's).
7. Keep the action open and gun unloaded when moving between the gun rack and the shooting station or when moving between stations.
8. Never walk in front of another shooter when changing posts.
9. Everyone must sign in at the Clubhouse counter.
10. Only 7 ½, 8, or 9 size shot in targets loads of 3 dram or less equivalent can be used on any shooting field.
11. Always use appropriate eye and ear protection.
12. Alcohol and drugs which impair judgment shall not be consumed prior to or during shooting.
13. In the event of weak report or misfire, check your barrel for obstructions. (Barrel sticks are available to clear the barrel.)
14. Any threats, misrepresentation by innuendo or direct contact, verbal or physical abuse, profanity, aggressive behavior, alcohol or drug use before or during shooting may result in expulsion from club and actions up to and including revocation of membership.
15. Final rounds of the day must begin 30 minutes prior to closing time.
- Hits: 1900
|Trap||$ 5.00||$ 8.00|
|Skeet||$ 5.00||$ 8.00|
- Hits: 2357
Muscle Shoals Skeet & Trap
PO Box 334
Florence, AL 35630
1301 County Rd. 346
Florence, AL 35634
Open Hours: Sundays 1-5 pm - weather permitting.
Seven miles north from Cox Creek Parway on County Road 47.
Turn left beside Green Hill Metals (CR 353) Go .7 miles to where road T's.
Turn left (CR 346) Go .5 miles. Club driveway is on the left.
Hwy 43 N. 2 miles. Turn left on CR 63/65.
Remain on CR 65 approx. 4 miles to dead end at CR 47. Turn left on CR 47.
Go approx. 1 mile. Turn right on CR 353. At dead end turn left on CR 346. Go .5 miles. Club driveway is on the left.
- Hits: 2283
Current dues are: Annual $120, or $10 for each remaining month in the year for new members.
Lifetime Membership: $500.00
- Hits: 2809
- Hits: 5111